A Letter to our Patients re: COVID-19
May 29th, 2020
To the Patients of Novi Dermatology:
As state regulations continue to evolve, we would like to keep you updated in our response to COVID-19. Our clinic has re-opened with the implementation of new safety procedures. Please read below to help ensure your safety and the safety of our staff.
Telehealth: We continue to offer Telehealth services, and we are asking patients who have acne, rosacea, rashes, or psoriasis to be seen via the Telehealth option. Because of the office closure during the past ~2 months, we will have to triage patients for urgency and medical necessity for in-office appointments.
To schedule a Telehealth appointment, please call us at 248-946-4787 or go to “request an appointment” at novidermatology.com. If you would like to reschedule an in-office appointment for Telehealth, please call or send the Front Desk a message through the Patient Portal. For FAQs on Telehealth, go to novidermatology.com/telehealth.
In-Office Appointments: For skin problems that are urgent or that can’t be addressed via Telehealth, patients will be triaged by the clinic and scheduled accordingly.
For patients who do need to be seen in clinic, you will be asked to follow the following safety protocols:
- You will be asked to login to your Patient Portal to send us or update your Drivers License, Insurance Card, and Patient Forms in advance of your appointment.
- You will have to pay your copay or deductible before your appointment, either on the phone or via novidermatology.com.
- At the time of your appointment, you will call to check-in from the car.
- All patients should wear a facial cloth covering or mask when entering the clinic.
- Only the patient (and 1 parent/guardian/caregiver) will be allowed into the clinic.
- You will be screened for symptoms and fever at the door, and will be asked to reschedule if you do not pass screening. As well, if you feel sick, have had exposure to a known COVID-19 patient in the past 14 days, or develop any fever, chills, headaches, muscle aches, fatigue, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, problems breathing, loss of taste or smell, abdominal pain, nausea/vomiting or diarrhea prior to your appointment, then please reschedule your appointment.
Cosmetic Procedures: We will not be scheduling any cosmetic procedures until further notice. Cosmetic procedures are non-essential, and we will be reserving in-office appointments and resources for medical dermatology concerns.
We understand these are challenging and often frustrating times and we want you to know we are here for you. Call us at 248-946-4787 or send us a message through the Patient Portal. Stay safe and be well.
Drs. Barron, Swearingen, and Watson
44000 W. 12 Mile Road
Novi, MI 48377
Mon | 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Tues – Wed | 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Thur | 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Fri | 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Sat (Select) | 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM