Telehealth Services at Novi Dermatology
DO NOT DELETE - Hidden
What is Telehealth?
For both new and established patients, we offer video telehealth visits. This occurs in real-time with both the physician and the patient and allows both a visual link and the ability for a discussion between you and the physician on your skin condition.
At the time of registration, you will be asked to upload photos for your Telehealth Visit as photos are often of higher quality than video streaming. Once registration is complete, you will receive an appointment. Then, at the time of your appointment, you will receive a text or email with a link to join the Telehealth visit.
For established patients, non-video brief telehealth services may also be delivered via the patient portal or via phone communication if appropriate.
What is the benefit of Telehealth?
Convenience is another common reason people love Telehealth. You save both time and gas money when you don’t have to drive to the doctor’s office.
Can I use Telehealth for any concern?
We are currently evaluating the following skin conditions through Telehealth Visits:
- Changing Mole
- Discoloration of skin
- Hair Loss
- Skin Irritation
- Skin Lesion
- Wound Check
What technology do I need for my Telehealth Visit?
What is the cost of Telehealth?
The cost of Telehealth depends on medical necessity and your insurance company. We will bill your insurance company for medical visits, but you are responsible for payment in advance of your Telehealth visit for any copays, deductibles, coinsurance or cost-sharing as determined by your health insurance policy. This is the same process that is used for in-office visits. Cosmetic consultations are not billed to insurance companies, and the entire fee is collected in advance of your Telehealth appointment.
After your Telehealth Visit, we will submit a bill to your insurance company. If you have a balance remaining based on your insurance company benefits, then you will receive a bill from us and an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your insurance company.
GETTING STARTED with Telehealth
1. Go to novidermatology.com, or scroll to the end of this page, and under “Request an Appointment”, enter your Name, Cell phone #, and “Telehealth, (Date), (Time)” into the appropriate boxes. You can also call us at 248-946-4787 and leave a message on the voicemail system. We will call you within 1 business day to schedule your appointment.
2. During your registration call with the office, your patient portal will be activated with your email address as the login. New patients will be instructed to send us a photo of their driver’s license, insurance card, and patient forms through the patient portal.
3. Prior to your appointment, take photos of your skin condition as photos are of higher quality than video streaming. These photos should also be sent to the clinic via the portal at the time of registration. A Medical Assistant will review them to ensure quality (i.e. not too blurry) but they will not be viewed by the physician until your Telehealth appointment time.
4. Once registration is complete, you will receive an appointment date and time for your telehealth visit. At the time of your Telehealth visit, you will receive an email or text message inviting you to the visit. Click the invite link and follow the instructions. Be sure you are in a quiet and private location. Remember that we may be discussing private information that you may not want others to hear. The physician may choose to end the call if the location is not appropriate for a medical Telehealth visit.
5. If the Telehealth visit is for a minor, the parent/guardian must be present during the Telehealth visit.
Terms of Service
Don’t agree to the Telehealth Terms of Service, no problem! Just call the office to change your appointment from a Telehealth appointment to an in-office appointment.
44000 W. 12 Mile Road
Novi, MI 48377
Mon, Wed | 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Tues | 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Thurs | 7:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Fri | 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Sat (once a month) | 8:00 AM – 12 noon